Written by Jerome Esperanza Monday, 18 July 2011 14:50
The best way to fully delete, unsinstall, remove and disable Babylon search engine, toolbar and add-on is to remove and reset all settings in Mozilla Firefox's about:config
- In url address of your FF browser type in: about:config . This will display a list of Firefox settings and other configurations
- In Filter, type in babylon. This will display only entries related or has references to babylon.
- For browser.babylon.HPOnNewTabValue, right-click to modify and change the setting to http://www.google.com/
- For the rest, right-click then Reset, this will change back your default search engine to, presumably, to Google.
- Also in Firefox menu > Tools > Add-ons - uninstall all Babylon related addons, then restart your browser
Other necessary steps for Windows:
- Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs - unsintall all programs related to Babylon search and toolbar
- Registry Editor - In Programs > Run > regedit - find (Ctrl F) babylon and delete entries and values
- Delete C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\searchplugins\babylon.xml
- Delete C:\Program Files\Babylon\ folder
Hope this helps! Let us know how it goes.
|< Prev||Next >|
Binary Republic is your online source of computer tutorials on programming, software and computer-related topics on .Net, ASP.net, Database, Java, Linux, Microcontrollers, Open Source, Photoshop, PHP, Tech News, Web Design, Web Development, Wireless technology, among others. Visit the website blog at BinaryRepublic.com.
We're Joomla Version 3 Ready!
- [SOLVED] Drupal 403 page error, menu alias directing to persistent deleted menu and node's alias
- Superscript and Subscript html tagging not working in Drupal 6 theme using WYSIWYG and CKEditor, CSS fix
- Drupal 7, how to display missing Printer, email and PDF versions icons in Views pages or listings
- Drupal 7 - Navbar: Underscore library is not present, installed version 1.4.4 is not supported
- Drupal 7, how to setup, install and integrate IMCE upload in CKEditor to avoid issues like Access denied, directory path folder permissions, profiles, etc.
- How to add Yahoo Messenger (YM...
Posted by: wordpress host
- There was an error uploading t...
I totally agree.
Posted by: Mauricio
- Views Slideshow Error Drupal 7...
Posted by: josue
- [SOLVED] Joomla component not ...
Not sure why as of yet, but this code does not work. Getting SQL errors at different points as I make changes.
Posted by: Bob F
- How to enable/turn on/off Goog...
Hi! Quick question that's entirely off topic. Do you know how to make your site mobile friendly? My site looks weird when viewing from my iphone 4. I'm trying to find a theme or plugin that might be a...
Posted by: usaha isi ulang
- Drupal 7, how to setup, instal...
Hello Jerome! Thanks for useful article. IMCE is installed on my site, but the field of IMCE browser fills only half of the pop-up window. That is why I have scrolling in preview. How to make IMCE bro...
Posted by: Godwin
- How to enable/turn on/off Goog...
Wow, that's what I was searching for, what a data! present here at this webpage, thanks admin of this web site.
Posted by: pay as you go
- Cannot login to Joomla offline...
been looking for this answer a minute! Wow im fast... Than you a lot. I have some other way to do this, but just curious about GID, wich is not the ID, but the group of users. Best regards.
Posted by: erm3nda
- Search Engine Optimization
Do you mind if I quote a few of your posts as long as I provide credit and sources back to your blog? My blog site is in the very same niche as yours and my visitors would certainly benefit from a lot...
Posted by: tattoo rotary
- [SOLVED] Drupal error message ...
8) Very big thanks!!!
Posted by: Olya