Written by Jerome Esperanza Wednesday, 12 June 2013 02:57
Out of the blue, my Joomla site suddenly produces a ReferenceError:tinymce error whenever I tried to edit or add an article (com content). Clicking ok on the error popup, it proceeds to edit mode, but default editor (both JCE and TinyMCE) do not lead. Other behavior besides missing toolbar, cannot save, only close and cancel works, both frontend and backend.
After exhausting all possibilities and compiling all researched fixes that seemed to work with other users, issue suddenly seemed solved - webhosting/server issue ruled out, latter has confirmed working from their end. Just in case below helps, and let us know which works to help out other users.
IMPORTANT: Make a backup of before trying any of the below:
- Browser issues - try checking with different browsers and let us know. This is probably compatibility issues of Joomla/TinyMCE core with browser versions. Try different editors, turning off/uninstalling and vice versa
- Go to Extensions > plugin manager > editor - tinymce 2.0 > change functionality from 'advanced' to 'extended'
- Try turning off other editor plugins
- TinyMCE plugin, if you are using JCE editor
- Try turning off Editor-None plugin
- Try turning off CodeMirror Editor plugin
- Configuration.php file for the live site path param - check and change values. Try with or without www prefix, ex. http://www.yoursite.com/ or http://yoursite.com/
- Check with hosting - probable Open DNS configurations
- Enter to the admin area not using www, log out, enter to the admin area using www and make the following changes:
- Intall/Re-install JCE editor.
- Set TinyMCE to the simple functionality, code cleanup off and never.
- Set JCE as default editor
From a JCE website forum - try deleting and re-creating the Profiles
- In the JCE Control Panel click on Editor Profiles
- Select all the profiles.
- Click the Delete button.
- Click [Create/Restore] in the error message displayed
- Some reported date settings:
- Check both date settings in Global config > Server > Time Zone
- User Manager > admin user > Time Zone
- Frontend > Your User Settings > Time Zone
Related errors for above:
Warning: strtotime() [function.strtotime]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Chicago' for 'CDT/-5.0/DST' instead in /home/xxx/public_html/web-development/libraries/joomla/utilities/date.php on line 56
Warning: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Chicago' for 'CDT/-5.0/DST' instead in /home/xxx/public_html/web-development/libraries/joomla/utilities/date.php on line 198
|< Prev||Next >|
Binary Republic is your online source of computer tutorials on programming, software and computer-related topics on .Net, ASP.net, Database, Java, Linux, Microcontrollers, Open Source, Photoshop, PHP, Tech News, Web Design, Web Development, Wireless technology, among others. Visit the website blog at BinaryRepublic.com.
We're Joomla Version 3 Ready!
- ALPHA KAPPA RHO International Humanitarian Service Fraternity and Sorority, Inc.
- Drupal 7 error - Warning: array_key_exists() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in theme_image_formatter()
- Drupal 7, error updating modules, failed to get available update data
- CKEditor could not be detected, Drupal 6 and 7
- Toner Refilling Services SEO from page 2 Google search results to first page top SEO positions for generic and Metro Manila, Philippines searches
Joomla Blog Articles and Notes
Best Free Joomla Extensions for Booking and Reservation, Hotel, Venue, Rental, etc. A directory of Joomla extensions (components) for booking and reservation for hotels, venues, rentals, etc. can be found here - http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/vertical-markets/booking-a-reservations/booking/page2...
[Solved] K2 Items disappeared not showing in frontend and backend in Joomla 2.5 All of a sudden, your Joomla 2.5 website running on K2 articles have gone blank, and K2 articles are not displayed where they should be. Like all articles have gone a missing, leaving only other content...
Qivva EventList Ajax Calendar Module ERROR: AJAX failure 404 - Component not found On legacy Joomla 1.5, I've kept encountering errors on Qivva EventList Ajax Calendar module: ERROR: AJAX failure 404 - Component not found. This is common error when: Navigating to the next...
[SOLVED] Joomla component not showing/displaying under Admin backend menu after component installation Joomla component seem to be missing, not displaying in the admin backen menu after component installation. In my case, latest Community Builder extension for Joomla 2.5. After installation, it showed...
[SOLVED]Joomla error:Deprecated: Function ereg() is deprecated in /home/xxx/public_html/components/com_eventlist/views/details/view.html.php on line 166 Error: Deprecated: Function ereg() is deprecated in /home/xxx/public_html/components/com_eventlist/views/details/view.html.php on line 166 Apparently, an older version of Eventlist (in my case for Joomla...
Drupal Blog Articles and Notes
Drupal 7, error updating modules, failed to get available update data While updating Drupal 7 modules, I get the following errors Update failed! See the log below for more information Error installing / updating File Transfer failed, reason: Cannot remove directory...
CKEditor could not be detected, Drupal 6 and 7 In Drupal 6 (and 7), despite correct installation steps and directory paths, error persists - CKEditor could not be detected Fix: Fixed by installing previous CKEditor plugin version 3.5.3 or...
Notice: Undefined index: admin/content/file in media_browser_plus_menu_alter() (line 88 of ..\sites\all\modules\media_browser_plus\media_browser_plus.module) Notice: Undefined index: admin/content/file in media_browser_plus_menu_alter() (line 88 of ..\sites\all\modules\media_browser_plus\media_browser_plus.module). Version confilcts of modules (see discussion...
Drupal 7, Downloading updates failed: Failed to download md_slider from Fix: UPDATE the MD Slider module! :) Simply download latest release, extract and overwrite existing, or manually disable module, uninstall, then re-install fresh copy.
Administration menu is duplicated and doubled with Toolbar (default Drupal administration menu core module) After installation, the administration menu gets duplicated and doubled with Toolbar (the default Drupal administration menu core module) like below screenshot. Fix: Disable the default built-in...
Web / Internet Resources
Virtualmin Webmin Check Disk Quota Not Updated After Deletion of Large Amount of Content Weird, but after deleting a large amount of folders and files, checked storage status (storage) by accessing web admin interface > System Information but quota/storage status has not changed... ...
Why It Pays to Have a Web Development Business For many people, designing attractive and SEO-friendly websites sounds like a lot of hard work. After all, it requires a specific skill set which cannot be learned overnight. Of course, it also...
How to enable/turn on/off Google services (Analytics, Webmaster Tools) in Google Apps to privileged users To enable/grant Google services to users such as Google Analytics, Google Webmaster Tools, etc in Google Apps, you will need to: Have admin privileges to enable services. If none, contact your Google...
Installing Piwik Web Analytics to your CMS Websites - WordPress, Joomla, Drupal Using HTML Piwik Web Analytics is easy to install and straightforward to use. Simple steps on how to manually install Piwik script to your CMS website thru basic HTML below: Download latest Piwik application...
How To Display/Show Photo/Picture in Google Search Results From Your Joomla Website How to insert Google Authorship Markup in your Joomla website to display your Google+ profile picture/photo in Google search results? Below are simple steps in linking Joomla to your Google+ profile by...
- Joomla, Drupal, Wordpress, SEO...
I'll right away seize your rss feed as I can not to find your e-mail subscription hyperlink or newsletter service. Do you have any? Kindly let me understand so that I may just subscribe. Thanks.
Posted by: www.moodle.
- Search Engine Optimization
Do you mind if I quote a couple of your articles as long as I provide credit and sources back to your website? My website is in the very same niche as yours and my users would really benefit from some...
Posted by: Melanie
- [SOLVED] Error in URL Joomla!%...
hi sir plz help me as i need to update all url links in mysql database if possible plz help me as i
Posted by: vinod sharma
- Joomla problem - cannot log in...
Muy útil! Saludos :-)
Posted by: Fernando
- [SOLVED] Drupal error message ...
Posted by: Pravin
- How to add Yahoo Messenger (YM...
:lol: THANK YOU!
Posted by: Mike
- Finally! Top SEO positions for...
Hello! Do you know if they make any plugins to protect against hackers? I'm kinda paranoid about losing everything I've worked hard on. Any suggestions?
Posted by: agilaspire.com
- Best Free Joomla Extensions fo...
I'm using this JHotelReservati on extension and is great!
Posted by: Lily Smith
- Joomla problem - cannot log in...
YES THAT IS THE FIX!!!!!!
Posted by: NORCAL
- [SOLVED] Joomla component not ...
Hi! I just wanted to ask if you ever have any problems with hackers? My last blog (wordpress) was hacked and I ended up losing many months of hard work due to no backup. Do you have any solutions to s...
Posted by: Ronnie