Written by Jerome Esperanza Wednesday, 12 June 2013 02:57
Out of the blue, my Joomla site suddenly produces a ReferenceError:tinymce error whenever I tried to edit or add an article (com content). Clicking ok on the error popup, it proceeds to edit mode, but default editor (both JCE and TinyMCE) do not lead. Other behavior besides missing toolbar, cannot save, only close and cancel works, both frontend and backend.
After exhausting all possibilities and compiling all researched fixes that seemed to work with other users, issue suddenly seemed solved - webhosting/server issue ruled out, latter has confirmed working from their end. Just in case below helps, and let us know which works to help out other users.
IMPORTANT: Make a backup of before trying any of the below:
- Browser issues - try checking with different browsers and let us know. This is probably compatibility issues of Joomla/TinyMCE core with browser versions. Try different editors, turning off/uninstalling and vice versa
- Go to Extensions > plugin manager > editor - tinymce 2.0 > change functionality from 'advanced' to 'extended'
- Try turning off other editor plugins
- TinyMCE plugin, if you are using JCE editor
- Try turning off Editor-None plugin
- Try turning off CodeMirror Editor plugin
- Configuration.php file for the live site path param - check and change values. Try with or without www prefix, ex. http://www.yoursite.com/ or http://yoursite.com/
- Check with hosting - probable Open DNS configurations
- Enter to the admin area not using www, log out, enter to the admin area using www and make the following changes:
- Intall/Re-install JCE editor.
- Set TinyMCE to the simple functionality, code cleanup off and never.
- Set JCE as default editor
From a JCE website forum - try deleting and re-creating the Profiles
- In the JCE Control Panel click on Editor Profiles
- Select all the profiles.
- Click the Delete button.
- Click [Create/Restore] in the error message displayed
- Some reported date settings:
- Check both date settings in Global config > Server > Time Zone
- User Manager > admin user > Time Zone
- Frontend > Your User Settings > Time Zone
Related errors for above:
Warning: strtotime() [function.strtotime]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Chicago' for 'CDT/-5.0/DST' instead in /home/xxx/public_html/web-development/libraries/joomla/utilities/date.php on line 56
Warning: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Chicago' for 'CDT/-5.0/DST' instead in /home/xxx/public_html/web-development/libraries/joomla/utilities/date.php on line 198
|< Prev||Next >|
Binary Republic is your online source of computer tutorials on programming, software and computer-related topics on .Net, ASP.net, Database, Java, Linux, Microcontrollers, Open Source, Photoshop, PHP, Tech News, Web Design, Web Development, Wireless technology, among others. Visit the website blog at BinaryRepublic.com.
We're Joomla Version 3 Ready!
- [SOLVED] Drupal 403 page error, menu alias directing to persistent deleted menu and node's alias
- Superscript and Subscript html tagging not working in Drupal 6 theme using WYSIWYG and CKEditor, CSS fix
- Drupal 7, how to display missing Printer, email and PDF versions icons in Views pages or listings
- Drupal 7 - Navbar: Underscore library is not present, installed version 1.4.4 is not supported
- Drupal 7, how to setup, install and integrate IMCE upload in CKEditor to avoid issues like Access denied, directory path folder permissions, profiles, etc.
- Drupal 7, how to setup, instal...
Hello Jerome! Thanks for useful article. IMCE is installed on my site, but the field of IMCE browser fills only half of the pop-up window. That is why I have scrolling in preview. How to make IMCE bro...
Posted by: Godwin
- How to enable/turn on/off Goog...
Wow, that's what I was searching for, what a data! present here at this webpage, thanks admin of this web site.
Posted by: pay as you go
- Cannot login to Joomla offline...
been looking for this answer a minute! Wow im fast... Than you a lot. I have some other way to do this, but just curious about GID, wich is not the ID, but the group of users. Best regards.
Posted by: erm3nda
- Search Engine Optimization
Do you mind if I quote a few of your posts as long as I provide credit and sources back to your blog? My blog site is in the very same niche as yours and my visitors would certainly benefit from a lot...
Posted by: tattoo rotary
- [SOLVED] Drupal error message ...
8) Very big thanks!!!
Posted by: Olya
- Drupal Camp Manila 2013, Phili...
With havin so much content and articles do you ever run into any problems of plagorism or copyright infringement? My website has a lot of completely unique content I've either authored myself or outso...
Posted by: google plus
- [SOLVED] How to Delete All Com...
Posted by: Chuyu
- [SOLVED] How to Delete All Com...
thanks, very usefull
Posted by: آنتی ویروس
- [SOLVED] AJAX HTTP error occur...
Je ѕuis entièrement Ԁ'accord avec vous
Posted by: télécharger film
- Joomla, Drupal, Wordpress, SEO...
I'll right away seize your rss feed as I can not to find your e-mail subscription hyperlink or newsletter service. Do you have any? Kindly let me understand so that I may just subscribe. Thanks.
Posted by: www.moodle.