Written by Jerome Esperanza Monday, 26 August 2013 17:24
How to best treat Page not found errors, 404 and 403 pages in Drupal 6 and 7? Consider using the following modules which has a lot of good redirects, custom text, URL conversion, admin pages restriction, among other features good for both search engines and user experience.
Global Redirect has functionalities such as:
If enabled, this option will remove the trailing slash from requests. This stops requests such as example.com/node/1/ failing to match the corresponding alias and can cause duplicate content. On the other hand, if you require certain requests to have a trailing slash, this feature can cause problems so may need to be disabled.
- Non-clean to Clean
If enabled, this option will redirect from non-clean to clean URL (if Clean URL's are enabled). This will stop, for example, node 1 existing on both example.com/node/1 AND example.com?q=node/1.
- Remove Trailing Zero Argument:
If enabled, any instance of "/0" will be trimmed from the right of the URL. This stops duplicate pages such as "taxonomy/term/1" and "taxonomy/term/1/0" where 0 is the default depth. There is an option of limiting this feature to taxonomy term pages ONLY or allowing it to effect any page. By default this feature is disabled to avoid any unexpected behavior
- Menu Access Checking
If enabled, the module will check the user has access to the page before redirecting. This helps to stop redirection on protected pages and avoids giving away secret URL's. By default this feature is disabled to avoid any unexpected behavior
- Case Sensitive URL Checking
If enabled, the module will compare the current URL to the alias stored in the system. If there are any differences in case, the the user will be redirected to the correct URL.
- Language Path Checking
If enabled, the module will check that the page being viewed matches the language in the URL or the system default. For example, viewing a French node while the site is in English will cause a redirect to the English node.
- Add Canonical Link
If enabled, will add a canonical link to each page.
- Set Content Location Header
If enabled, will add a Content-Location header.
- Taxonomy Term Path Handler
If enabled, any request to a taxonomy/term/[tid] page will check that the correct path is being used for the term's vocabulary.
- Frontpage Redirect Handler
If enabled, any request to the frontpage path will redirect to the site root.
Whatever you set as the path of the front page on the Site Information settings page will redirect to the site root (e.g. "node" or "node/1" and also its alias (e.g. in case you have set "node/1" as your home page but that page also has an alias "home")).
- Ignore Admin Path
If enabled, any request to the admin section of the site will be ignored by Global Redirect.
This is useful if you are experiencing problems with Global Redirect and want to protect the admin section of your website. NOTE: This may not be desirable if you are using path aliases for certain admin URLs.
Search 404 has these features:
- Jump directly to the search result when there is only one result which works with Core, Apache Solr, Lucene and Xapian searches. An HTTP status of 301 or 302 will be returned for this redirect.
- Jump directly to the first search result even when there are multiple results
- Works only with Core, Apache Solr, Lucene and Xapian searches. An HTTP status of 301 or 302 will be returned for this redirect.
- Use a 301 Redirect instead of 302 Redirect
- This applies when the option to jump to first result is enabled and also for search404 results pages other than for Core, Apache Solr, Lucene and Xapian.
- Show left and right sidebars in page when a 404 search occurs
- Do a "Google CSE" search instead of a Drupal Search when a 404 occurs
- Do a "Google CSE Advanced" search instead of a Drupal Search when a 404 occurs
- Do a "Search By Page" search instead of a Drupal Search when a 404 occurs
- Do a "Fuzzy Search" search instead of a Drupal Search when a 404 occurs
- Requires "Fuzzy Search" module to be enabled. If using both Core search and Fuzzy Search, do not use "search" as your fuzzysearch results path.
- Do a "Search" with custom path instead of a Drupal Search when a 404 occurs
- Redirect the user to a Custom search path to be entered below. Can be used to open a view with path parameter.
- Custom search path with select variables replaced with the search keys from the URL.
- Disables auto search
- Disables automatically searching for the keywords when a page is not found and instead show the populated search form with the keywords. Useful for large sites to reduce server loads.
- Disables the Drupal error message when search results are shown on a 404 page.
CustomError is a similar module to Search 404 which enables you to present and display a custom Page not Found error message, among other nifty functionalities.
|< Prev||Next >|
Binary Republic is your online source of computer tutorials on programming, software and computer-related topics on .Net, ASP.net, Database, Java, Linux, Microcontrollers, Open Source, Photoshop, PHP, Tech News, Web Design, Web Development, Wireless technology, among others. Visit the website blog at BinaryRepublic.com.
We're Joomla Version 3 Ready!
- ALPHA KAPPA RHO International Humanitarian Service Fraternity and Sorority, Inc.
- Drupal 7 error - Warning: array_key_exists() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in theme_image_formatter()
- Drupal 7, error updating modules, failed to get available update data
- CKEditor could not be detected, Drupal 6 and 7
- Toner Refilling Services SEO from page 2 Google search results to first page top SEO positions for generic and Metro Manila, Philippines searches
Joomla Blog Articles and Notes
Best Free Joomla Extensions for Booking and Reservation, Hotel, Venue, Rental, etc. A directory of Joomla extensions (components) for booking and reservation for hotels, venues, rentals, etc. can be found here - http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/vertical-markets/booking-a-reservations/booking/page2...
[Solved] K2 Items disappeared not showing in frontend and backend in Joomla 2.5 All of a sudden, your Joomla 2.5 website running on K2 articles have gone blank, and K2 articles are not displayed where they should be. Like all articles have gone a missing, leaving only other content...
Qivva EventList Ajax Calendar Module ERROR: AJAX failure 404 - Component not found On legacy Joomla 1.5, I've kept encountering errors on Qivva EventList Ajax Calendar module: ERROR: AJAX failure 404 - Component not found. This is common error when: Navigating to the next...
[SOLVED] Joomla component not showing/displaying under Admin backend menu after component installation Joomla component seem to be missing, not displaying in the admin backen menu after component installation. In my case, latest Community Builder extension for Joomla 2.5. After installation, it showed...
[SOLVED]Joomla error:Deprecated: Function ereg() is deprecated in /home/xxx/public_html/components/com_eventlist/views/details/view.html.php on line 166 Error: Deprecated: Function ereg() is deprecated in /home/xxx/public_html/components/com_eventlist/views/details/view.html.php on line 166 Apparently, an older version of Eventlist (in my case for Joomla...
Drupal Blog Articles and Notes
Drupal 7, error updating modules, failed to get available update data While updating Drupal 7 modules, I get the following errors Update failed! See the log below for more information Error installing / updating File Transfer failed, reason: Cannot remove directory...
CKEditor could not be detected, Drupal 6 and 7 In Drupal 6 (and 7), despite correct installation steps and directory paths, error persists - CKEditor could not be detected Fix: Fixed by installing previous CKEditor plugin version 3.5.3 or...
Notice: Undefined index: admin/content/file in media_browser_plus_menu_alter() (line 88 of ..\sites\all\modules\media_browser_plus\media_browser_plus.module) Notice: Undefined index: admin/content/file in media_browser_plus_menu_alter() (line 88 of ..\sites\all\modules\media_browser_plus\media_browser_plus.module). Version confilcts of modules (see discussion...
Drupal 7, Downloading updates failed: Failed to download md_slider from Fix: UPDATE the MD Slider module! :) Simply download latest release, extract and overwrite existing, or manually disable module, uninstall, then re-install fresh copy.
Administration menu is duplicated and doubled with Toolbar (default Drupal administration menu core module) After installation, the administration menu gets duplicated and doubled with Toolbar (the default Drupal administration menu core module) like below screenshot. Fix: Disable the default built-in...
Web / Internet Resources
Virtualmin Webmin Check Disk Quota Not Updated After Deletion of Large Amount of Content Weird, but after deleting a large amount of folders and files, checked storage status (storage) by accessing web admin interface > System Information but quota/storage status has not changed... ...
Why It Pays to Have a Web Development Business For many people, designing attractive and SEO-friendly websites sounds like a lot of hard work. After all, it requires a specific skill set which cannot be learned overnight. Of course, it also...
How to enable/turn on/off Google services (Analytics, Webmaster Tools) in Google Apps to privileged users To enable/grant Google services to users such as Google Analytics, Google Webmaster Tools, etc in Google Apps, you will need to: Have admin privileges to enable services. If none, contact your Google...
Installing Piwik Web Analytics to your CMS Websites - WordPress, Joomla, Drupal Using HTML Piwik Web Analytics is easy to install and straightforward to use. Simple steps on how to manually install Piwik script to your CMS website thru basic HTML below: Download latest Piwik application...
How To Display/Show Photo/Picture in Google Search Results From Your Joomla Website How to insert Google Authorship Markup in your Joomla website to display your Google+ profile picture/photo in Google search results? Below are simple steps in linking Joomla to your Google+ profile by...
- Joomla, Drupal, Wordpress, SEO...
I'll right away seize your rss feed as I can not to find your e-mail subscription hyperlink or newsletter service. Do you have any? Kindly let me understand so that I may just subscribe. Thanks.
Posted by: www.moodle.
- Search Engine Optimization
Do you mind if I quote a couple of your articles as long as I provide credit and sources back to your website? My website is in the very same niche as yours and my users would really benefit from some...
Posted by: Melanie
- [SOLVED] Error in URL Joomla!%...
hi sir plz help me as i need to update all url links in mysql database if possible plz help me as i
Posted by: vinod sharma
- Joomla problem - cannot log in...
Muy útil! Saludos :-)
Posted by: Fernando
- [SOLVED] Drupal error message ...
Posted by: Pravin
- How to add Yahoo Messenger (YM...
:lol: THANK YOU!
Posted by: Mike
- Finally! Top SEO positions for...
Hello! Do you know if they make any plugins to protect against hackers? I'm kinda paranoid about losing everything I've worked hard on. Any suggestions?
Posted by: agilaspire.com
- Best Free Joomla Extensions fo...
I'm using this JHotelReservati on extension and is great!
Posted by: Lily Smith
- Joomla problem - cannot log in...
YES THAT IS THE FIX!!!!!!
Posted by: NORCAL
- [SOLVED] Joomla component not ...
Hi! I just wanted to ask if you ever have any problems with hackers? My last blog (wordpress) was hacked and I ended up losing many months of hard work due to no backup. Do you have any solutions to s...
Posted by: Ronnie